Thursday, January 6, 2011

one little word

focus
FOCUS
F-O-C-U-S

i have been saying this to myself a lot lately, and i will be all year long.  i feel like this is a year of transition for my family.  not that anything is going on.  it's just a feeling i have.

i've been thinking about my dreams and the direction that i want my life to go in.
is this the year i go back to work?
in september all three kids will be in school during the day.  what will i do to fill my day?
can i turn my passion into a career?
do i even know what my passion is?
and in the back of my mind, i wonder if this is the year that someone's career really takes off, that we move, that we win the lottery.
what would this mean for us?

all of these things float around in my head, and keep me up at night.  i wonder and worry and try to figure out what direction to go in.  this is one of the reasons i chose the word focus.  thinking about one thing at a time.  starting or finishing a project. not losing track of what i want.

i am taking this class at big picture classes.  need i confess my love for ali again?  she is teaching this year long course that focuses, for lack of a better term, on making your word more visible throughout the year.  just what i need.

our assignment for january, after choosing our word, was this page.  define, quote, and invite this word into our life.





supplies: pink paislee house of three page protectorbella blvd, pink paislee and cosmo cricket patterned paper, pink paislee ticket, k&company felt butterfly, maya road mist, american crafts precision pen, ali edwards journaling squares.

i look forward to

  • being reminded throughout the year that i chose to focus more.  
  • creating some beautiful layouts and documenting this journey.
  • seeing how my word evolves throughout the year.
  • what i will discover.
if anyone is interested in taking the class it will be open all year long.  check it out.  maybe you will discover something too.

No comments: