Friday, January 28, 2011

five on friday :: inspiration

we are heading into a party weekend.  the last of the january celebrations for our family.  if you have some time this weekend take a look at these links filled with inspiring and fun ideas.

1.  things we forget


love this idea.  love what is written.  love that you could be going about your day and encounter something inspirational that will change your life.  check it out.

2. oh this kitchen
photo by: andrea jenkins
bright.  full of sunshine. open. clean. imagine the things that can be cooked up here. imagine the stories that will be told. imagine the celebrations and everyday moments that will happen here. i dream of a kitchen like this.
3. these words
photo by: tara whitney

this picture is now my wallpaper on my computer.  i've been saying these words to myself all week. and i love her post about the kind of life you want.

4. project life

i got mine in the mail yesterday.  actually it's the second one i've ordered.  the first one i got in december is now in the happy hands of my sister-in-law, angela.  i plan on filling this book up over the year and sharing my pages here.  right now, lots of prepping and getting caught up.  if you are looking for a simple and easy way to get your pictures and stories into an album you must check out project life.  and amazon just restocked . . .

5. focus on what's important


this post from simple mom was such an eye opener for me.  the choices i make about how to spend my time, the importance i put on things, my guilty feelings about dropping everything to help someone out.  my favorite line is when they write "be intentional with your time."  sometimes i give my time away to the computer, or school, or things that don't matter and therefore find that at the end of the day i have nothing left for what i really should have been spending my time on.  it's about answering the question, what kind of life do i want and making that the priority.

wishing everyone a happy weekend.

4 comments:

Ally said...

Oh - that first saying is perfect. I must use this!

Julie (juls2000) said...

Very inspiring! And, I want that kitchen!!

lisa truesdell said...

Loving the inspo- what a great way to start the weekend!!

Sandy said...

Love that last quote...that's where its at for me. And "be intentional with your time" is a great thing to. They all work somewhere in my life!