Tuesday, January 25, 2011

i always knew but i never thought

i always knew that being a parent would be challenging but i never thought that i would read my first parenting book with my third one.

i always knew that i would go crazy buying girl clothes but i never thought that i would have to negotiate with her to wear them.

i always knew that i would play baby dolls and dress up with her but i never thought that i would also play pirates and star wars .

i always knew that my hands would be full with three little ones but i never thought that my heart could be so full.

i always knew that i wouldn't use the term "princess" for her but i never thought that we would replace it with "sassy".

i always knew that my daughter would have brown eyes but i never thought that they would they would have such power over me.

i always knew that she would be into pink but i never thought that so many things came in that color.

i always knew that she'd be daddy's little girl but i never thought that she would be his bike, baseball and rock band buddy.

i always knew we'd get her to sleep in her bed all night but i never thought that i would miss snuggling with her in the morning.

i always knew that i'd have a good relationship with her but i never thought i would have to work so hard to get it.

i always knew she was adorable but i never thought she would use that to her advantage.

i always knew that she would complete our family but i never thought that she would also bring us so much laughter, curiosity and charm.

i always knew she would love school but i never thought about how much i would miss her when she's there.

i always knew that she had an adventurous spirit but i never thought that she would be fearless.

i always knew that i would love her but i never thought it was possible to love this much.

going through my pictures a few days ago and found these gems.  it really does seem like just yesterday that she was a baby.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post! Tom and I laughed and cried. You and Sofia are both amazing! Grandma and Grandpa Tom

Shannon Cayer said...

So beautiful! And, so true... Thank you for this post.

Mackenzie said...

Super cute! Love that little bossy cow of yours! :)

Melissa said...

Lovely journaling, this would make a cute mini book or page!

Christa said...

Oh what a sweety!! She's a beauty!

Julie (juls2000) said...

beautiful! I can't wait to see the page you create from this!!

Jill said...

Oh my goodness -- what a SWEETIE! I love this post.

Sasha Farina said...

what a beautiful family!!

ps : check out my blog! :P :))

Anonymous said...

yes, sofia is precious -
and so is her dear mama.

much love to you all

Gigi and Great Grandpa

Corinne said...

What a wonderful way to capture a mother and young daughter. Loved this post, brought tears to my eyes and made me think of my own little girl. You have a gift for writing Gioconda!