Thursday, July 7, 2011

re}focus :: july



hello new day.

hello july.

hello second half of the year!?

what do you have in store for me?

only good things i hope.

sunshine.

time with the kids.

moments that will slip away too quickly.

moments that will be forever stored away in my mind, and my heart.

peace.

laughter.

reflection.

love.

i am ready.

i am open.

i invite you in.

my goals for july are pretty much my goals for june (and most likely my goals for august.)  plus a few weddings thrown in for good measure.

it's all about enjoying the daily moments.  going to the orthodontist, optometrist, hair salon, and grocery store together and having fun.  it's about relaxing in the pool together.   it's about bbqs and good friends and sleeping in while we still can.  it's taking it easy but getting stuff done.

a few personal goals:

health: getting through these weddings and all of the events that go with them without getting out of control. rehearsal dinners, bachelorette parties, celebrating these relationships pretty much revolves around food.  i want to keep healthy choices in mind and get moving to counteract whatever yumminess i may occasionally indulge in.  lots of salad, fruit and water.  that should do the trick.

creativity: i'm almost up to date on my project life album.  hopefully i cant take some pictures and share with you next week.  i love that our daily life has a home in this album.  bobby was looking at it over the weekend and commented that in one photo a day you can really see all of our lives.  i think that's the point, right. i also want to make a few more traditional layouts.  i have spotted and pinned a few that look easy and fun.  i love project life because of ease, but i feel the need to cut and glue a bit.

photography: i want to play around with my iphone and some of the apps i have.   the first two pictures from yesterday were taken with my phone. maybe next week i'll only post photos taken with my phone.  does that justify upgrading to the iphone 4? i'm doing it for you, people.

relationships: i will be spending more time away from bobby this month than i'm used to.  although i am looking forward to getting away by myself for a few days, and then later with the kids, i'll miss him.  i'm hoping to make the time we do have together something special.  we'll start on sunday with a concert at the bowl.  but maybe we'll have to make a few more dates this month.  i'd love to try a new restaurant or see a movie.

that'll do it for july.

bring it on!

2 comments:

Mackenzie said...

Just know that I'm on a rabbit food diet too! :) Can't wait to be part of your July memories...and see the pictures too!

Amy said...

I always look forward to reading you blog! Yes it's me Amy and I'm finally leaving my comment!!! Have a relaxing weekend and enjoy yourself yor deserve it, your a great mom!!