Tuesday, March 1, 2011

{re}focus :: march goals

"Goals provide the energy source that powers our lives. One of the best ways we can get the most from the energy we have is to focus it. That is what goals can do for us; concentrate our energy."
-denis waitley
i am really making the most of this year.  what helps is having some goals that i can achieve every month.  it's been fun writing it here and checking back to see how i've done. (i never baked bread last month but i did make muffins, 2 kinds.)  breaking it down helps me  focus on a particular area for improvement.

march is my birthday month.  my plan this month is to celebrate and enjoy all of the moments that this month will bring.  march is typically the month that i settle down and reflect on the past year of my life, and it was a good one.  and then i make some plans for the coming year.

for the rest of this year on the first of the month i will post my goals.  small or big.  and i will break them down into categories of focus.  here's what i have in store for march.

personal growth | the great race is coming up at the end of the month.  i have been training hard and will have a post about this experience later this week.  the trainer has worked us up to running 45 minutes without stopping.  this month she will train us by giving us miles to shoot for. for now it's 4 miles.  but by the time the race comes around we will be running 5 miles.  who knew that would be possible? not me.  and you better believe there will be some celebrating after that race.

document | this month i am hoping to make an investment in camera gear.  i am thinking over my options, but with the money i have saved up i will either purchase a new camera body or a new lens. this purchase has me thinking about stepping up my game in photography.  what do i want to do?  do i want to keep taking pictures for fun?  do i want to turn photography into a career?   these things will determine how i spend my money.  hopefully i will have a new toy before the end of the month.

read | i am reading the help this month.  loving it so far and can see myself finishing it quickly.  which means i will get brene brown's the gifts of imperfection for the kindle.  i like reading something for fun and then something that inspires me and makes me think.  looking forward to both.

create | i want to make something original this month.  no plans yet on what that will be, but i am considering painting or sewing something.  i feel like i need to stretch my creativity in a new way.  i also have a plan for a mini book.  i want to put together the pictures of the wedding from last year.  i think the whole experience will make a nice book.

blog | my plan for the blog this month is to write a few posts about me.  who i am, what i love, and just some random facts. i figure some of you may not know me very well, and if you do there may be things you don't know about me. anyone have any idea what the name gioconda means?    so i have a few posts in mind that i will sprinkle in throughout the month.  should be fun.

if you're making goals, please share.

welcome march. now let's party!!

1 comment:

Mary Jo said...

I am not really a big goal maker.
More of a list maker.
But I really like your idea!
And congratulations on how far you have come with your running :)