Thursday, March 31, 2011

41 random facts

it's the last day of march.  the last day of my birthday month.  i thought it would be fun to wrap it up by giving you some facts about myself.  in writing this i realized that there are some things that i still want to share.  some very personal, some interesting and some funny. hopefully nothing that will prevent me from getting a job in the near future. it's a good list to go by.  

before you read on, i wanted to take this time to thank you for reading my blog.  some of you daily, some of you every so often.  it's been fun and i appreciate the support and comments.  so thank you!
  1. i go by betty, gioconda, nena, b, and mommy.  read all about it here.
  2. i love cooking, photography, scrapbooking and now running.
  3. i once took a classical guitar class.  i can't remember a thing.
  4. i met my first boyfriend on a student film project about elvis.
  5. we've been married for 16 years.  
  6. i've been a tour guide at a major motion picture studio, a pre-school teacher's assistant, a sales associate at target, a theatrical distribution sales person, and a personal assistant on a tv sitcom.
  7. when i first started college i wanted to be a teacher.
  8. after taking a creative writing class in my freshman year i changed my major.
  9. i spend a lot of my time volunteering at the kids' school.
  10. my husband wishes i spent more time at home doing laundry.
  11. i'm a terrible housekeeper.
  12. i can't make a good pot of coffee.
  13. my dream job is to be a food photographer.
  14. when i was a kid my dream job was to be a makeup artist on days of our lives.
  15. my lucky number is 3.
  16. i once got a phone call from an oprah show producer. i promise to do a post about this soon.
  17. screenwriting was my major in college but i have only written one screenplay and no one has read it.
  18. i went into labor with my first born at 22 weeks and spent the next four months on bedrest.
  19. that was the scariest time of my life.
  20. my son was born at 37 weeks healthy as could be.
  21. i believe in the power of prayer.
  22. my 8 year old makes me laugh more than anyone else i know.
  23. my 5 year old reminds me so much of me.
  24. i have scrapbook crushes on herher and her.  she inspired this post.
  25. my favorite vacation was a trip to paris and rome on our 3rd anniversary.  there have been many great adventures since then.
  26. this house has always felt temporary. we've been here for 10 years.
  27. my first car was an old ford falcon.
  28. i am a "straight and narrow" kind of person.
  29. i put a lot of pressure on myself.
  30. i've always wondered if i suffer from an anxiety disorder.
  31. i am a good listener.
  32. i believe that there is good in everyone, even though i'm sometimes wrong.
  33. my favorite shows right now are modern family and top chef.
  34. 90% of my clothes are from target or old navy.  with a little ann taylor loft thrown in.
  35. i speak english, spanish and en peu de francais.  
  36. i love my handwriting.
  37. i prefer flip flops to snow boots.
  38. i'm not very adventurous or spontaneous.
  39. i have a lot of self doubt.
  40. that changed for me on saturday.
  41. this is the life i dreamed of.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Nice learning some random things about you!