Friday, March 25, 2011

five on friday :: 5k



oh my gosh.  the race is tomorrow.  i can hardly contain the excitement/nerves/terror.  i am ready.

1. my friend amy picked up my race bag with my bib number and t-shirt.  wow, looking at the bib with my name on it makes me giddy.  i am really going to do this.

2. i made a run playlist that i had on shuffle for my training. but tomorrow i have a planned list with some new songs that will hopefully get me through the hurdles and get me going a little faster.

  1. firework - katy perry
  2. everlong - foo fighters
  3. dog days are over - florence and the machine
  4. pain - jimmy eat world
  5. good vibrations - glee cast
  6. 1901 - phoenix
  7. sweet disposition - the temper trap
  8. rock that body - black eyed peas
  9. sweetness - jimmy eat world
  10. forget you - cee lo green
  11. defying gravity - glee cast
the playlist is 40 minutes long.  my goal is to not make it to the end.

3. i am ready for the pain.  i'm hoping for the best, to be able to work through it.  and after the race i plan on doing some work on preventing injuries instead of dealing with them.  (kenzi - i promise!) for tomorrow i'll take the ibuprofen just to make it a little easier and i'll wrap the ankle.

4.  for my birthday bobby bought me a pair of pants and a shirt.  so sweet that he wants me to look good while i run.  the shoes are the ones we bought when we committed to running.  i'm finally sticking to that commitment.  this will probably be the one and only race these shoes see.  i think i've maxed them out but they served me well. 

Source: flickr.com via Holly on Pinterest

5.  here's the thing, i know i can do it.  i've already done it and then some. i've been to every training.  i've run every mile.  i've lived through the pain.  i did what i thought i couldn't do.  i am nervous that all of my aches and pains will keep me from doing my best.  but i know that tomorrow with the adrenaline flowing and the music playing in my ears i may not feel the pain. i am looking forward to seeing the finish line and my family there to cheer me on.  

tomorrow really is my tomorrow.

wishing you an exciting weekend.

6 comments:

Teka Cochonneau said...

I wish you luck on your upcoming run! :) You sound prepared mentally and physically. Super exciting!

lisa truesdell said...

you sound like you're going to rock it!!!

Mary Jo said...

Good luck with the run!
Great play list :)

ArlaMo said...

You are ready! Good luck tomorrow!

Mike and Becky said...

Good Luck tommorow. We have faith in you!

Mackenzie said...

You'll do great! No matter what your time is, it will be an accomplishment. And the PT in me is proud of you for planning on taking care of yourself! :)