sunday: tortas de carnitas with my parents while we watched the world cup
making this week
monday: egg and soy chorizo burritos, fruit salad
tuesday: spaghetti and meatballs
wednesday: chicken taco salad
thursday: honey-glazed pork chops, tomato salad, corn cakes
i have big goals this week making things from scratch:
- corn tortillas - these are so easy to make and the kids have fun helping me out. i will bake them with some cooking spray for a crunchy topping to the taco salad.
- granola - i've been wanting to try this recipe for a long time.
- pizza dough - i've been buying it pre-made from trader joe's but figure it would be fun to make this week.
- sandwich bread - why not? i might try this recipe. we have a bread maker and all of the ingredients already. the only problem with making bread at home is that it goes quicker because it smells and tastes so good.
- cookies - i'm bringing them to a reunion this weekend. i'll be searching this site for something to try. i have some pre made dough in the freezer that i'll use but something else would be fun too.
if you need me i'll be in the kitchen.