Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Time

We are having such a quiet week around here. Andrew's last day of summer school is tomorrow. He will be the snack boy. I wanted to do snack on the last day of school, but I didn't think about the fact that I would lose a day to get some things done. Jordan has been such a great help for me with Sofia that I have been able to go to the grocery store or target with both. Once I have Andrew home, things will change. He hates going shopping and he's the one I have to chase around and say "don't touch that", "get out of there", "stay with me." Fortunately, I have picked up most of the school supplies at this point. I wasn't ready to think about school this soon but a lot of kids go back in August so supplies are one sale now!

This past weekend Bobby and I had a chance to enjoy some alone time. Sue picked the kids up on Saturday afternoon for a sleepover at "Camp Grandma's." Bobby planned a long over due date. We headed to Pasadena to try something different. Our first stop, dots bakery, a cupcake place that i have been hearing alot about. Unfortunately, we arrived an hour before they closed and they only had 3 cupcakes left. So we grabbed the pina colada and apple pie cupcakes. Then he took me to Madeline's, an amazing restaurant in South Pas. Onion and Olive tart, cucumber and crab salad, halibut, escolar, curry, couscous, need I say more? And even though we had cupcakes waiting for us in the car, we couldn't resist the chocolate ice cream flight. Four samples of locally made ice cream with imported chocolate from around the world. Outrageous. And the final phase was going to see the new Harry Potter movie. Not sure how I felt about it. I liked it, but don't really know that much about the characters and story so i was lost most of the time.

Sunday was clean up day. Got the kids room organized and cleared out for a new bookcase.

Here's the before and after


It looks great now, everything in its place. So much easier to do it while the kids are gone. We picked them up in the afternoon at Gigi and Great Grandpa's house. So glad to see that Gigi is doing well. She looks great and had fun with the kids around.

Getting ready for a few road trips. Friday night we leave for San Diego. Bobby "has" to attend Comicon, a comic book convention. The whole family will tag along and stay at the hotel while he goes on Saturday. Sunday he will take the boys. Sofia and I will head over to the convenietly located mall down the street for some girl time. We will stay with Melissa and Derek and Monday we will go to the Wild Animal Park. FUN.

We will be home for one day and then we go to Kernville with Grandma Sue and Aunt Becky. Just a few days of relaxing and hanging out. Bobby will join us for the weekend. I feel like we've been out of town so much. Kind of fun, but tiring at the same time.

That's about it for now. Wish i had more exciting news.

No comments: