Friday, November 19, 2010

gratitude :: november 19

a few from the last few days.

a wonderful doctor: sorry boys, but i had my yearly doctor visit with my beloved gyn.  i miss her.  she became a friend during both of my pregnancies and now i only get to see her once a year.  makes me want to get pregnant again, just kidding!  anyway, we caught up a bit.  talked about life, our kids and school.  i almost forgot what i was there for. she always had a way of making me feel like i was one of her "extra special" patients.  and it's funny that i have encountered many women who know of her or have her as her doctor.  and they all love her.  she's the best.

celebrations:  we have had so many celebrations and events over the last few weeks and the month is not even over.  we've celebrated 2 birthdays, a wedding, the end of swim.  this weekend we have 2 more birthdays and a baby shower.  next week it's grandparent's day, my niece's birthday and thanksgiving.  and i thought december was rough.

2 for 1 at starbucks: not sure if this is true of all locations but around here holiday coffees are 2 for 1 from 2-5pm.  i went in yesterday to get a gift card for my sis-in-law and saw the sign.  i just didn't know what to order.  i ended up with the caramel brulee on the rocks.  oh my, it is goooood.  i walked out with two of them and knew i wouldn't drink them both.  at carpool a friend of mine walked up to my car to chat and i asked her if she likes caramel.  she said yes and then i handed her the other coffee.  it made her happy, which made me happy.






family get togethers:  so yesterday marked the beginning of once a week family get togethers.  my sister-in-law had her birthday yesterday and we all went to her house for empanadas and chocolate cake.  next week it my niece's birthday.  the following weeks it's bobby's, then my mom's, my nephew's, my dad's, then christmas and ending on january 1st with jordan's.  i love this time of year where we get to visit each other's homes and celebrate and i don't have to cook.  i just need to make sure i'm stocked up on cards and wrapping paper.




student council days at cha: there have been some fun ones, like mixed up day, pajama day and sports day.  today it is superhero day.  the kids could dress up as well known superheroes, heroes from the past to go with the ancient worlds theme, or made up heroes.  and that's what my boys did.  well . . . jordan was "random boy."  his logo was taped to his shirt.  he has post it notes on his shirt.  and he taped flashlights to his hat. he gave up on the spongebob blanket as a cape.  i love that he went for it.  andrew went as the superhero "chop suey".  when we were first planning this he was going to wear a long white beard, put chopsticks in his hair and tape fortunes all over his shirt.  but this morning the only thing he wanted to go with were the fortunes . . . in his pocket.  ahh, he is a superhero in disguise.  


it's supposed to be a rainy weekend around here.  it won't stop us from celebrating though.

No comments: