Sunday, April 25, 2010

week in the life - friday

get ready cause this was a jam packed day.  starting with mom and grandmas day at sofia's preschool.




painitng, planting, pictures, playing.  sofia showed off her class and her friends to my mom, sue and d.  she was so proud.  they played a game of uno.  it was so fun to watch.  we ate strawberry shortcake and just hung out together.  i look forward to this day every year. 

she stayed at school for a little bit while i ran to target.  sue picked her up from school and met me at home for lunch.
i had some huge tasks to get done today. 

i am making flowers or the mother & daughter tea.  sue helped me cut them all out then i heated, stacked and sewed them together.  they will have pearls or buttons in the center.

i also had to bake all of the corn muffins for our dinner saturday night.  sue did that for me.  don't they look yummy and pretty with the brown wrappers.
and then there was time for some catch in the back yard.  grandpa tom took the train from orange county and bobby picked him up at the subway station across from his office.  we are celebrating sue's birthday tonight.

i made three pizzas for dinner; pepperoni, bbq chicken and margarita.

i mean sofia and i made three pizzas.  she loves to help with the pepperoni.
then we went to menchi's for some frozen yogurt.  my favorite topping are those mochi balls, love, love, love.
and a birthday hug.

gratitude: i am so thankful for the most wonderful mother-in-law.  i've told her before that she is the ethel to my lucy.  she is so helpful and understanding and although she may think that i am crazy and hair brained, she never lets me down.   happy birthday mom.  i love you.

thought for today: life is good.  and full.  and happy. 

2 comments:

Mackenzie said...

It's been great following your blog this week, Betty. (Well it is all the time) I feel like I've been a part of your family all week. Hope you come up for air soon! :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Lucy,

I love you Too!!! You are always there for me too.

Love,
Ethel