Monday, February 8, 2010

28 things i love: day 7 & 8

sorry i didn't get to post yesterday.  we hosted an impromptu superbowl party and then crashed after everyone left.  so today i will make up for it.

day 7: having family over

like i said we had people over to watch the superbowl.  and by people i mean, tom, sue, my parents, sister and her boyfriend.  we had a taco bar with chicken, tortillas, guacamole, rice and salsa.  chocolate chip cookies, sweet bread and berry crisp for dessert.  not bad for a last minute get together.  and the game was so fun.  i had no preference  but there was a huge support for the saints so were happy they won.  i love being surrounded by my family and sharing time together.

day 8: alone time
on the flip side, my pt canceled my appointment today so i had some unexpected free time.  we had our conference with sofia's preschool teacher and then i went for a walk with my mom and sister.  then i came home and had some lunch and cruised the internet.  now it is time to pick her up from school.  it really wasn't that much time alone.  but it's rare for me to find myself without something to do and even more rare to be in the house alone.  it's quiet and calm.  all i hear right now is the refrigerator running.  ahh . . . .

but now i have to go.  hope your week is starting out lovely.

No comments: