Tuesday, February 1, 2011

{re}focus :: february goals

quote from unstitchedblog.com

did january seem like a long month?  it did to me.  and it was a good month.  a productive month. a month of change.  i accomplished some things that have been on my list for a long time.  and i also took on a few new ones.  ones that i am excited about.

the first is this blog.  i wanted to spend the month focusing on getting some things written.  some of it was planned and scheduled.  some of it was organic and spontanious.  i had fun writing everyday, never feeling at a loss.  it was not my intention to write 5 times a week but i guess i had a lot to share.

in february i want to keep it up.  i am thinking that 3-4 times a week is realistic.  i've worked out a writing schedule and am comfortable with making it last.  writing everyday helps me practice this craft and gives me direction.  i find myself being inspired in the middle of the day to share a story or write down words, even if it's for my own benefit. but it's nice to know someone is listening.

bobby and i also worked on a dedicated creative space for me.  a place where i can play and create without the hassle of having to put things away until i'm done.  i love that i have a place for my most coveted items that can now be easily found.  it has helped me be more organized with my projects and therefor more productive.

this month i plan on doing some purging.  i have more product than i intend to use and i know that it can be put to better use by someone else.  i hope to donate to a charity or just give it away.  and i plan on cleaning out toys, clothing, books and other stuff.  everyone is settled into their "new" rooms and now it is time to make each space purposeful and organized.

i took on an unexpected goal but one that has been on my todo list for a few years, run a 5k.  i've done two training sessions and have run during the week on my own.  this is a tough one for me.  this saturday our run was 30 minutes long, done in intervals but with little recovery time in between.  there was a moment where i felt like i wouldn't make it.  the trainer would run with me and encourage me to hold on.  and i did.  i plan on training even harder this month.  we will be running 5 miles by the time the race comes.  that way 3.1 miles will be a piece of cake  . . . chocolate cake of course.

i want to bake bread.  that simple.  homemade, crusty, soft, delicate bread.  hey, i need a good carb load right?

i am hoping to take a few fieldtrips this month.  discover something new.  be inspired by the world.  i have a few ideas in mind and my trusty sidekick will be along for the ride.

sharing these goals on my blog will give me the motivation i need to accomplish them.

i am welcoming february with open arms.

5 comments:

Kay said...

Looks like you have great goals! Best of luck to you!

Melissa said...

Sounds like great goals for the month! I need to take some time today and figure out mine.

Mackenzie said...

Hmmm...getting rid of product you say? I might be willing to take some off your hands. :)

Julie (juls2000) said...

Great goals! I should take inspiration from this and set my goals!

Jill said...

I, too, share the purging goal. It's just so HARD to part with some items and the possibility of "maybe I will use this someday...soon..." (as if).