Tuesday, March 23, 2010

hello (lots of photos)

no i did not abandon my blog.  i have been busy with the kids and life.  and have been enjoying some time away from the computer.  lots to keep us crazy around here.  so let's play catch up.

my birthday was beyond fantastic.  on my actual birthday my sister took me and sofia to pasadena for lunch and some shopping!  yah.  we found a cute restaurant, le grande orange cafe, in the old train station and had the MOST amazing tomato soup and turkey sandwich.

as soon as i saw this, i was in love.


then we strolled down colorado.  went into the paper source, urban outfitters, crate and barrel and got tea at starbucks.  and of course we grabbed a few mini cupcakes at dots to celebrate.


this was so fun.  thanks gaby!

for dinner tostada pizza from CPK of course and a yummy fruit tart from my favorite cuban bakery, portos.


thanks bob and d for celebrating with me.

on saturday we had a dinner party at my parent's house.  it was the best way to celebrate, well except for the cold and wind, the dinner was outside.  my vision was to have an italian dinner, you know a 2-3 hour event where food is passed around on large platters and we drink wine and talk and laugh.  it was perfect and so special.  my sister and i did the prep work but everyone pitched in to cook and bring chairs and heaters.  the food was delicious; appetizers, pasta, basil lemon chicken and grilled steak, vegetable tart and dessert.  i made a lemon cake that was really yummy.  bobby gave a speech that made me cry.  i mean this was more than i could have ever asked for.  thanks to everyone who came and helped and made this night perfect!  and thanks to my parent's for letting us use their house.  our friend rob and sis-in-law sandy took pictures for me so that i wouldn't have to be behind the camera all night long.  thanks guys.  here are a few:

 so that pretty much sums up my birthday.  but we have had other adventures.  jog-a-thon, st. patrick's day, & baseball.


bobby and i had a date night this past saturday to see an intern of his play at the troubadour.  she's part of the band old man markley, kind of a cross between hillbilly rock and punk.  katie plays the fiddle.  first we had dinner at grub and then to the troubadour. we had never been there. we were treated like v.i.p.'s.  our name was on the list, we sat in the lounge and then got to sit on the deck and get an overview of the band.  this was really fun.


and finally this sunday jordan was in the school's production of grease.  i think this deserves a post all it's own.  i'll have that later this week.  but here's a sneek peek.  see if you can spot him.

that's it for today.  hope everyone is well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great birthday you had!!! Keep it going all year, Love Sue

Mackenzie said...

I love Pasadena and Dots too! (And the tostada pizza from CPK...yum!) Glad you guys have been keeping busy, although I wouldn't expect anything less! Hope to see you guys soon!