Wednesday, November 11, 2009

thankful

loving this idea.  and since my word for the year is gratitude i thought this would be the perfect time and place to share what i am grateful for today. 

1.  my daughter who sits through any meeting i drag her too.  and she gives me the perfect excuse to leave when things are getting drawn out.

2. my kids' report cards.  they came home today and we could not be more proud of them.

3. last night's thanksgiving dinner.  i have made a tradition of making a thanksgiving dinner before thanksgiving.  (and by making i mean stove top, boxed mashed potatoes, canned cranberries and a jar of gravy. hey, i'm not superwoman.  but i did roast a 3 pound turkey breast for 2 hours and i made a pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting, so that has to count for something.) that way when it is the real thanksgiving we, i, don't feel like i have to eat everything because we only get it once a year.  and there are leftovers too, which means turkey paninis for dinner tomorrow.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

OMG, I love "fake" thanksgiving. I used to make that all the time! (also, stovetop is my favorite. Your house at 7?... remember that commercial, I love it!)