Thursday, October 11, 2007

FINALLY!!!!

we waited all summer. we watched it grow from a pile of dirt into this incredible site . we have dreamed and planned and waited. and now is the time . . .our Target is open. OK, maybe not exciting for some but we, i mean i am just giddy. since we moved into this neighborhood this target has been so convenient to have. so when they closed it down for remodeling i was bummed.

we got to witness the entire process. from demolition to reconstruction. the boys loved watching all of the pieces come together. the big dump trucks and bulldozers and sky high cranes. the walls going up, the parking structure being built, paint, roof, landscaping. it was a fun thing to see. but for me it's the convenience of having it right down the street. when you have 15 things to get and 13 of them you can get from target you would be happy too.

so sofia and i went there today. it officially opens on sunday, but they secretly opened it yesterday. my list consisted of toothpaste, a birthday gift for a friend of Andrew's, mayonnaise, juice boxes, cereal, and sweats for Jordan. i got all that while sipping my caramel macchiato from the starbucks inside of target, i know. and if i needed diapers, they would be there, a t-shirt, there, windex, yup, sheets, you guessed it. they even carry milk, bread and hamster food. ok we don't have a hamster but if we needed it, it would be there. this place truly was made for mom's like me who don't want to spend ALL morning taking their kids (sofia) in and out of the car as they run from errand to errand.

and i must add that this new and improved target is huge, clean and fully stocked. it even has an escalaltor that will take your shopping cart down. i know it won't stay this way for long, especially with the holiday's coming. there will be crowds, yes there will be a time when i can't find what i need, there will be traffic and carts that don't move and grumpy people, but let me enjoy this moment while i can. it's the little things in life that matter.

and here's a picture of sofia enjoying what she got from target; a princess doll and a new sweatsuit.

thanks gigi and great grandpa for the birthday gift card.

hope your day is filled with happy little moments like these.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your Joy!!! Mom/Grandma

Melissa said...

I am so excited to hear that you may love Target even more than I do! Sometimes I just go for fun, but that will usually cost me at least $80, so I've been trying not to do that anymore. I am a bit jealous that you got to go to the secret opening though... LUCKY!

Gaby said...

It's Belle!! Sofia got Belle. Although, I've never liked it when they don't have the Belle's with brown eyes. That was one of the unique features about her, she was one of the first Disney heroines with brown eyes! Anyhoo, I can't WAIT to visit the new Target. I just need to plan for the five hours it'll take me to devour the entire store. So glad it's finally open. :)

Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...someone who gets as excited about Target as I do!!!! I went to one in Walnut Creek that has the escalator for the carts and the parking structure and all that yours has and I was simply speechless. We just have a Target Greatland in T.O. ...which compared to yours isn't ALL that great. I'm really jealous now....and I have a sudden urge to go to Target even though I just spent 2 1/2 hours there yesterday going up and down every aisle.

Angela said...

ok, wait a minute...your target has a starbucks INSIDE?? not fair! i'm gonna have to have a talk with the city of burbank about this one. in the meantime, i may just have to take a trip up to granada hills for my target runs! :)

Anonymous said...

Gigi & Great Grandpa said

Love those stories and pictures. I am reminded of our weekly shoppine trips to the old Gemco for just about everything that we needed.

Love you all.