a cool date to have a blog entry. even though i have other things to blog about, like sofia's birthday. but i wanted to make sure to get a post in on this day.
1. bobby was in kernville on friday and saturday for the crush. he couldn't make it to the vineyard so he met up with everyone at the mobile for the crush and some bottling of a leftover barrel. the kids had school on friday, otherwise we would have been there too. looking forward to a good year!
2. spending a lot of my time working on the school's halloween carnival. we are calling it the "all hallows eve festival" to go with the school wide theme of ancient worlds. lots of meetings and flyers and notes. looking forward to next year when someone else takes over and we just get to enjoy.
4. started thinking about my december album this year. it is a project i look forward to doing every year. my goal this year is to post my pages on my blog or flickr. i always start that but never finish.
5. sometimes being a parent can be so trying. had a frustrating incident at the baseball field and i didn't know what to do. it ended up with both of us crying and going home. just when i think i've got it together, i realize i have a lot to learn.
6. made these pinkalicious cupcakes for sofia's birthday last week. they came out pretty cute, and yummy.
7. everyone's been passing around a cold these last few days. it started with andrew who had a mild case, then sofia and now jordan who has it bad. bobby and i are trying to fight it off and hopefully can make it. but it's just the beginning of cold and flu season around here.
8. jordan had a saturday meeting for his mock trial group. he is going to be a prosecuting attorney. he's been studying the case and coming up with questions for his witness and cross examination. it is such a cool project and all of the kids are working hard. the competition will be november 3.
9. loved going to her soccer game on saturday. she is still hesitant, but it helps having a friend from school there. they kick the ball to each other and then play 3 on 3, or 3 on 2, or 2 on 2. it depends on whose celebrating or crying or paying attention.
hope your day was memorable.