Friday, May 7, 2010

longing for normal

"normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. let me hold you while i may, for it may not always be so."
mary jean iron

it's almost over. 
gala - done
teacher appreciation luncheon - done
mother and daughter tea - done
eco festival - done
andrew's first communion - tomorrow
mother's day - sunday
andrew's 8th birthday - monday

i think i can handle the next few days.  although today took a lot out of me.  i was at school from 8am, setting up breakfast and putting together our class booth, until 7pm when we took everything down, shopped at the flower mart and bought some books at the book fair. 

but now i long for a normal day with no meetings, no shopping (yes, i just said "no shopping"), no to-do lists that are a mile long.

well it is a mile long but soooooo different from what has been on it the past four weeks:
-laundry (that is in permanent ink on my to-do list)
-clean out the refrigerator
-clean out my closet
-mop
-try the deli that everyone keeps talking about
-sign up for the cooking class i got as a birthday gift
-start my week in the life album
-clean out the garage - again
-get a manicure with my sister
-get a case for my iPhone
-put all my pictures on an external hard drive so my computer can run at normal speed again.
-get to the gym because my hands are hurting again
-do some furniture shopping for our room and sofia's room
-enjoy some peace and quiet

it feels like forever since i've had a "normal" day.  but i am so looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Mackenzie said...

Hope you get some peace and quiet soon! And happy mother's day in advance!