Thursday, November 8, 2007

time really flies


i still can't believe that my little neice is 15, well almost 16. we celebrated her quinceañera this weekend, kind of a combo sweet sixteen and quinceañera. my sister-in-law did a fabulous job putting together such a memorable day for EVERYONE. in case you don't know, a quinceañera is a celebration and sort of coming-of-age party for girls. my family has been planning this party for over a year. yes, it really is like a wedding. there is a special mass where monica was celebrated and blessed. then there was a party at a local reception hall. very elegant, yet youthful. my other sister-in-law practiced a waltz with my neice and her "court" of friends that accompanied her. beautiful. these kids worked all summer to get it right and it was great. my brother's band played at the reception. defintely a family affair.


we were honored that monica asked me and bobby to be her sponsors for the event. we got to dress up and be with her and support her throughout the day and of course throughout her life. i was so proud of her. she looked beautiful and composed. wow, she can start dating now!!

i worked on the invitations, favors, and the seating board. my scrapbooking supplies came in handy. sofia was also a part of the court. she was wearing a pretty dress and kept saying she was a princess. she danced the night away, until 11:30. to see her and then look at monica i know how quickly time will go and we want to enjoy and remember it all.

No comments: